Holy Spirit Plaque Craft
In the story of Jesus' baptism, the Holy Spirit came down from heaven as a dove. We believe that
the Holy Spirit blesses and protects each of us and becomes a true part of us when we are baptized.
This plaque can help remind you of the presence and on-going protection the Holy Spirit offers all
God's children for a lifetime.
WHAT YOU NEED
- White felt
- T-shirt transfer
- Dove pattern (3 per sheet)
- packiing foam or small bubble wrap
- 5 X 7 " wooden oval plaque
- Wood stain
- double-sided tape
1. Stain the wooden oval, starting with the edges. Set aside to dry.
2. Print the dove pattern on t-shirt transfer and iron onto white felt. Carefully cut out, just outside the dove outline.
3. Using the dove pattern, cut a smaller dove (go inside the lines about 1/4") out of packing foam. Use a few small pieces of double-sided tape to attach the foam to the backside of the dove.
4. Use glitter glue to trace the outline of the dove (front). Let dry.
5. Squeeze a bead of glue around the outside edge of the backside of the dove (or have an adult use a glue gun) and carefully center and press the dove into place on the wooden oval.
6. Place an adhesive hangar on the back of the plaque. Hang it in a special place!
Variations: Cut the oval out of poster board or cardboard. Paint, color or decorate the cardboard oval before attaching the dove. Instead of glitter glue as an outline, add beads or sprinkle glitter on the dove.
This craft can also be used as a reminder of baptism. Place the name of the child and date of his/her baptism on the top and bottom of the plaque.